||Learning Blog & Student Blogs
Why use Learning Blogs?
Learning Blogs are great opportunities to learn because they:
- Give students an opportunity to learn a new technology in a fun, educational way.
- Let parents see what we are learning in class.
- Give parents the opportunity to work with their children using educational activities.
- Gives students and parents an interactive way to respond to each other.
- Provides opportunities for students to think critically about what we are learning about.
Visit our Learning Blog and Student Blogs
by clicking on the image below.
Make sure to follow the following rules when posting a comment/reply to a blog:
- Your comment/reply should be about the post you are reading. If you want to say hi or ask the person a question that does not have to do with the post you should email them.
- Make a point. It’s great to hear comments like “Wonderful!” or “Great Job!” Comments like this are fine, but try to make a more meaningful contribution. Why is it wonderful? What was great about the post? If you disagree with ideas in the post don’t just write “Your Wrong.” Explain why you disagree in a respectful way. Do not make your disagreement personal. (From Grammar Girl)
- Check your spelling and punctuation before you submit your reply. Remember your writing is a reflection of you.
- Use the Living Room Rule. If you went into someone’s living room as a guest you would not be rude. If you are rude your comments will not be posted and your privilege to post a comment/reply will be taken away.
- Pretend your mom is in the room. Comments/replies that are intentionally misleading, contain false information, threats, verbal abuse, inappropriate statements or pictures, or personal information about others are not allowed. Remember what you have learned about Internet safety.
- Be yourself. Don’t pretend to be anyone else. However, remember not to give out personal information. Again, remember your Internet safety.
Mrs. Travis' Classroom
Dorchester County Public Schools
1103 Maces Lane
Cambridge, Maryland 21613